Free Use Of Cartoons
Cartoons on my website are copyrighted and require a licensing fee for their use in most instances. We have methods for tracking unauthorized use and any unauthorized use may subject the user to prosecution. However, under the following conditions we will grant permission to use them for free:
You must register with my website if you want to use cartoons for free. This is how I can track when permission was granted. To register, fill out and submit this form:
Permission to use cartoons for free will generally be granted for the following:
- Newsletters for non-profit or charitable organizations or companies.
- Newsletters for government sponsored high schools, colleges, and trade schools. (private for profit educational institutions must license cartoons)
- Newsletters for religious organizations if they do not use language promoting hate or discrimination against anyone for sexual preference, gender, ethnicity, or other religious beliefs.
- Cartoons may not be used for free for political candidates, parties, or action groups regardless of party affiliation. These would require licensing.
- Any cartoon used for free must include the following message: Cartoon used with the embedded text: Cartoon courtesy of Ron Coleman, https://www.colemantoons.comIf used on a website or blog, they should be linked to https://www.colemantoons.com. This is necessary for me to verify that the cartoon was used with permission.
Contact me with any questions about this policy or for a quote on licensing fees.